I didn't have anything new to share as my new recipe for the week was a flop. The Hawaiian Chicken was far too salty and hard to choke down (also, D got sick at the table just after we started so the smell of vomit totally threw us off of eating...)
Here's the recipe :
1 diced onion
1/4c soy sauce
1tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2tsp red pepper flakes
1-2tbs cornstarch mixed with 1tbs water
1. Put chicken in the crockpot.
2. Mix onion, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in bowl.
3. Pour over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 3-3.5h (4.5h for frozen chicken)
4. Remove chicken to shred.
5. Add water and cornstarch to sauce, turn to HIGH for 15m to thicken while shredding chicken.
6. Return chicken to pot. Serve over rice.
This stuff is amazing. I doubled the chicken, halved the soy sauce and added an onion from the original recipe (updated changes are already added on the recipe above - what is written is exactly how I made it)
Dean loves this stuff. Jason loves it. And I can't get enough of it.
A simple meal that gets all three seal of approvals? DONE! It's likely going to be on the weekly menu again in the immediate future.